WARNING: Please do not attempt to perform repairs yourself as it could damage the lighter beyond repair.
The Zippo European Repair Clinic handles all repairs sent in by owners of a Zippo product (lighters, candle lighters, hand warmers).
Unfortunately, we are currently behind with our repair service due to sick-leave, so a repair can take about 8-9 weeks instead of the 4 weeks Zippo is used to. We ask for your understanding and will do everything in our power to process the pending requests as quickly as possible. Once repaired, your product will automatically be sent back to you.
1. Windproof lighter. Remove the inside unit from the lighter, allow all fuel to evaporate for two days, and replace the inside unit in the lighter case.
2. Butane lighters. Discharge the gas following the instructions that came with the lighter.
3. Hand warmers. Allow all fuel to evaporate for two days.
4. Knives. Clean away any dirt or debris.
1. Packaging. Package the product securely in a box or padded shipping bag.
2. Cover letter. Enclose a letter with a description of the defect and your contact details such as name, address, telephone number and email address.
3. Shipping. Send the product, together with proof of dispatch as registered mail or as insured package to:
Zippo European Repair Clinic
Groendahlscher Weg 87
46446 Emmerich am Rhein